Saturday, January 21, 2012

America At Its Finest?

I am not an America basher. I don’t hate America. I don’t despise in my heart the people in high places that orchestrate horrendous wars and I am not unpatriotic. I have a deep love for my country and truly appreciate the great abundances I have been so liberally blessed with. My family and I have surely inherited many undeserved gifts. I do however question the integrity of the leaders of this great nation. I question their motives. I question their plots. I question the way they go about using their resources. I wonder if the people in secret societies have used their knowledge and skills to oppress the majority of common-folk not just here in America but throughout the world and particularly in the Middle East. I question if Israel manipulates the United States to do their bidding. I question the corruption involving the connections with our allies and the central banks. I question the division in this country that is not only growing among the rich and poor but among almost every facet of society. This division seems to be growing between brothers and sisters, mothers and sons, fathers and daughters, progressive and conservative, right and left, "Occupy" and "Tea Party". The air is thickened with offense.
The Occupy Movement and the 99% vs. the 1% protestors have some very valid ground in which to make their assertions on the super rich of our nation. For instance, in the near election of 2012 we have Democrat Obama who is backed by Goldman Sachs and other large bankers but then we also have Republican Romney (the current front-runner in the primaries) who is also backed by Goldman Sachs and other bankers. In short, these people in high and powerful places give large sums of money to the campaigns of certain individuals so that no matter who the public votes for they are, in fact, voting for the people in power with most of the wealth. There is much talk recently in the non-mainstream media that the main-stream media, also largely in cahoots with the bankers, support and give more coverage to those that are funded by the bankers. It's common practice to focus on the candidate with enough money to put out loads of ads. He is like the most popular kid in high school. Everyone pays attention to him and talks about him. Romney is that popular guy. It is sickening to the democratic process in the sense that even candidates with the largest grass-roots base, who don't have the banks contributions, have a hard time competing for a spot on the presidential ticket. Ron Paul is a perfect example of the guy who has a large grass-roots following with his contributions coming from average Americans but not getting equal attention in the media. Not only does the media seem to want to ignore him but they also consistently repeat how "he's nuts". Recently someone told me that they think he's nuts and I asked that person, "why do you think he's nuts?" I am not exaggerating when the response I received was, "I don't know." I wasn't surprised. I’m sure this person heard it over and over again from the news media and simply repeated it to me with no individual thought process to back up their statement.
This problem with the bankers (super rich) and who they fund to get what they want is not exactly a conspiracy theory. It’s simply not common knowledge. It’s all too easy to believe just about anything and everything we see in the media. Conspiracy theories are not popular and people would rather believe things at face value. They’ll pick one side or the other but it is still largely misleading. To take anything in the media at face value makes life simpler. If they are confronted with the possibility that they are being misinformed they might entertain these "conspiracy theory type" allegations as a sort of interesting tale for a few minutes but then typically and quickly resolve to be apathetic. After all, what can one person do even if they did know the truth? I suppose all anyone can do is research to figure things out to the best of their knowledge, educate their friends and family, perhaps start a YouTube channel or a blog, blow the whistle, and make the best decisions they can while living in this seemingly backward world.
Let me be fair and assert that The Tea Party Movement also has some very valid ground to stand on in the sense that our nation is on the precipice of extreme economic turmoil. We are faced with the need to severely cut back our enormous government spending which could actually be the biggest downfall of our empire. Tea party patriots are first and foremost fiscal conservatives. This makes the more liberal population scoff at such hard-nosed stances but if we want to help the poor, it certainly cannot be done with a bankrupt nation. Where is the common ground? Where can we come together rather than be divided?
I said all of that to post the video below in hopes that it inspires you to start on a path to become more educated on the situations we as average citizens face in this nation. It is important to learn about world history as well as the current events taking place on the world stage. I am absolutely no expert but the more I seek the more I learn that I have been indoctrinated by certain people with illusive agendas through the media and then subsequently listening to other people around me reiterate the same things over and over again. I am no longer interested in this kind of destructive and misleading regurgitation of information. I want information as objective as possible and of course I myself have to be objective; otherwise, the truth is watered down or lost yet again in my own perceptions. This is truly a delicate balance that is usually hard to achieve or maintain but trying our best is all we can hope to do.
Please watch the video of this young man who was sent by our country to fight in a war that now so many deem useless and unable to win. Perhaps it will soften your heart towards understanding that ACTUAL people are being killed, wounded, damaged, shamed, corrupted, and damned, all in the name of what? That is not a rhetorical question. I’m sincerely asking...all in the name of what? Can anyone give an honest and factual answer?
After viewing this video ask yourself: Is this America at its finest?

We must get on your faces before God and ask for truth and justice to be revealed to us. Are wars such as these just? I stand for an America that does not forsake its mission to be a civil and just nation UNDER God, rather than presume it is THE God of the world. We are not a nation OVER any other nation. Pride comes before a fall. Let's be sure we are humble in our hearts before God and mankind or more unnecessary wars will ensue.
Seek Peace with your enemies,

In the words of a mother

No comments:

Post a Comment