Saturday, October 15, 2011

Monthly Poem - October

Yes I make out with my food to savor the taste

Yes I dance with the water in my shower when it warms my cold bones
And Yes I feel the same way about my lover
His taste is sweet and his warmth covers me

Yes I talk to myself out loud when I need to figure something out
Yes I laugh at the oddest things
And Yes I feel the same way about my siblings
They let me think out loud to figure it out and we laugh at the strangest things

Yes I happily put my pants on both legs at the same time for efficiency
Yes I blissfully speed to make better time
And Yes I feel the same way about my daughter
Her needs must be met with joyful effectiveness and in idyllic haste

Yes I sing in tune with the birds to cheer me up
Yes I skip over the cracks in the sidewalks
And Yes I feel the same way about my best friend
She sings with me when I need cheered up and she overlooks my faults and cracks

Yes I lay in my bed when I need to cry
Yes I take some Tylenol when I have a headache
And Yes I feel the same way about my mother
She lets me lay on her to cry and she soothes my aches with her love

Yes I turn off all the lights when I leave the room
Yes I open the windows when nice weather comes
And yes I feel the same way about my life
When my lights are turned out I will be done and nice weather will still arrive

~Enjoy poetry in the words of a mother

No comments:

Post a Comment