Friday, April 20, 2012

Past, Present, Future - Part 3 of 3

 

 

Hope for the Future


Part 3

photo courtesy of google images

"Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now.” ~Alan Lakein. This quote pretty darn near nails it. The future is important but not as much as what you are doing in the present. In fact, you can’t have a future without the present. And you certainly can’t have the future you want without working towards it now.

It’s totally fine to dream, plan, and hope for a brighter future. In fact, it’s healthy! It doesn’t mean that you’re not living in “the now”. Shoot, we all want good health, wealth, and happiness and who couldn’t use more of that, ya know. I have just started using more visualization techniques, picturing myself being at my book signing with a line out the door and touching thousands of people’s lives with what the good Lord has blessed me with. I love to use techniques now to boost my outcome for the future.

Now that being said…“Happy people plan actions, they don’t plan results.” ~Dennis Wholey. Okay, so we definitely need to plan for the future by doing things now. Ahhh, you can’t escape that fact. If you ever want to reach your highest potential, not a damn thing will happen until you are actually reaching for the stars, not just gazing at them from afar, admiring their beauty. For instance, I can dream all day long about writing a book that becomes a bestseller but it’ll never happen if I don’t WRITE it! Plan the actions, DO the actions, and sit back and enjoy the results.

We are responsible for everything we get and don’t get in our lives. Sure, life can throw some curveballs and a few surprises here and there but we are responsible for how we handle it. We can either rise above or play the victim.

“Good fortune is what happens when opportunity meets with planning.” ~Thomas Alva Edison. Well I’ll be darn. The good ones just keep on rolling. This post is quote city but I tell you what, they are remembered and mentioned for a reason. Chalk full of wisdom, we can live off this stuff! If you want good health, wealth, and happiness (which is my definition of good fortune) then you must plan for it and you absolutely, 100% WILL meet it!

I truly believe that the whole universe (cliché but oh well) is on your side! Similar to the following quote, “I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” ~Jeremiah 29:11. You have nothing to fear except giving up. So simply don’t!

All of that being said, let’s do what you all know I love to do; ask questions and really think about the answers. Really get down to the nitty gritty. What do you want to be in the future? How do you see yourself as an elderly person? Who would you like around you as you age? What do you see yourself having to offer in the future?

What do you want to be in the future?
I want to be a promoter of people. A lover of my fellow brothers and sisters. A loving, compassionate, powerful, inspiring, voice in the world. I want to make a difference in the lives of many. I want to be a successful writer and yes, make a great living at it but more so, affect the outcomes of people's lives. I want to be such a great writer that my words light the fire in the spirits of others and compel them to reach their potential. I want to reach my potential. I want to be a great wife, mother, sister, daughter, aunt, cousin, friend, acquaintance, gardener, etc. Doggonit I want to be an amazing me! J

How do you see yourself as an elderly person?
I see myself as the happiest old lady anyone has ever seen. I see myself with a smile always on my face, laughing, and telling silly jokes. I see myself as completely in acceptance with myself and others. I see silver hair and a serene core. I see myself as accomplished and fulfilled, alert and active, kind and full of endless love. Dang, I like that old lady!

Who would you like around you as you age?
Needless to say, I would love my beautiful little petunia, Cheyann around. My darling daughter who will always be just as perfect as the day she was born. I certainly want my family around. I want to spend plenty of time with my friends and of course my bestie, Steph (School of Rock-n-Raw, check her out. She's AHHH-mazing). And last but not least, I want all the people that have crossed my path and those whose paths I’ve crossed in a profound way to be near and dear to my heart.

What do you see yourself having to offer in the future?
I think this might be one of the most important questions on the subject. Life is about what you give more than what you get. I want to offer a vast legacy. I want to leave an imprint in the spirits and on the hearts of others. I want to offer so much love to others that they can’t contain it, which forces them to share it and spread it like a wild fire! I want to offer an ear in the world that listens, a mouth that only speaks positively, a touch that soothes, an eye that notices, a taste that appreciates, and a sniff that stops to smell the roses. I want to offer all the great things that God has blessed me with and called me to share. Again, I want to offer love. That’s what it all boils down to.
________________________________________________________________________________


Remember, you can and you will have darn near anything and everything you want in the future. Apply yourself now to get what you want later. Don’t worry about the future, simply plan for it. I am 100% rooting for you to reach your potential and beyond. The future will be great fun. See ya there.


You WILL have the future you want,

In the words of a mother

2 comments:

  1. awww..tears in the eyes. "Doggonit...I want to be an amazing me!" hahah...love that! This is really great! You will have all that you ever dreamed of. You're the best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shucks...now I've got tears in my eyes! hehe Thank you!

      Delete